Air-Seal Premier Tyre Sealant
£14.99 -32oz Bottle
- As the tyre rotates, the product spreads evenly over the inside surface. The moment a penetration occurs, the air pressure in the tyre forces millions of fibre particles and fillers suspended either in ethylene or propylene glycol to interlock which plugs the hole in the tread area preventing any further air loss within one or two revolutions of the wheel. This action is so rapid that the driver may not know a puncture has happened. Later, when the tyre is inspected, if the cause is still present it can be removed. When removed, the vehicle must be driven immediately to enable the sealant to re-seal.
- Depending on the grade of sealant used, holes up to 30 mm (1¼ inches) can be repaired using this technology.
- Fibres constitute the backbone of the tyre sealant. The stronger the fibres, the stronger the tyre repair. The strongest fibres are state-of-the-art synthetic fibres such as those used in tyre cord and bullet proof vests. Using a variety of fibres is also very important, especially in the relatively thin carcass of an ATV, golf buggy or lawn care equipment tyre. The more varied the fibres in both length and degree of branching, the faster the seal forms and the more permanent the seal is.
- Once a strong plug is formed by the fibres, the final seal is provided by filler particles which lodge between the fibres to form an effective airtight plug. The use of these fillers is imperative for a high performance sealant.
- Suspension stability
- The function of the liquid in the sealant formulation is the medium by which the fibres and fillers reach the area of the puncture in the tyre. In some sealant formulations, the components may separate over a period when the tyre is inactive. If separation does occur, such formulations will fail as tyre sealants.
- Air-Seal high performance sealants will not separate to ensure protection for the legal life of the tyre.
- Air-Seal Products Ltd,has been granted continuous sole supplier status for the Royal Mail Group. Following a very successful first three years of the contract dating back to August 2010, Air-Seal Products will continue to be installed throughout the 48,000 vehicle fleet.
- Application Guide For One Tyre:
- Ride-on Mower Front 16oz/Rear 32oz
- Wheel Barrow 16oz
- Trailer 16oz
- ATV/Quad 32oz
- Car 8oz
- 4x4 16oz
- Bicycle 4oz